In 1912, John Lysaght & Co. opened its first steelworks at Normanby Park, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire. In 1920, Guest Keen and Nettlefolds (GKN) acquired the John Lysaght company. The Normanby Park Steel Works were closed down in 1981.
The 1956 mug states that it is for the 25th gala, making the first one 1931. However, the mug from 1974 states that it is the 56th gala, which means they started in 1924, and this is confirmed on the other mugs from 1974 to 1980. The 1981 mug must be the last one. The galas were described as Lysaght’s or Normanby Park in different years.